NEWS & BLOG
ELECTRO-MECHANICAL ASSEMBLER – PITTSBURGH
Portalp/Tucker Auto-Mation manufactures automatic sliding doors, automatic swinging doors, bi-fold doors, activating devices for automated pedestrian doors and specialty doors that are distributed throughout North America. Looking for a person who will be responsible for performing production work to manufacture automatic doors and operators. Starts, operates, tends, stops, and cleans machines. Assembles finished products. Inspects products to ensure high quality. Packages and ships packages products to customers.
- Connect cables, tubes, and wiring, according to specifications.
- Drill, tap, ream, countersink, and spot-face bolt holes in parts, using drill presses and portable power drills.
- File, lap, and buff parts to fit, using hand and power tools.
- Inspect, test, and adjust completed units to ensure that units meet specifications, tolerances, and customer order requirements.
- Measure parts to determine tolerances, using precision measuring instruments such as micrometers, calipers, and verniers.
- Position, align, and adjust parts for proper fit and assembly.
- Read blueprints and specifications to determine component parts and assembly sequences of electro-mechanical units.
- Clean and lubricate parts and subassemblies, using grease paddles or oilcans.
- Assemble parts or units, and position, align, and fasten units to assemblies, subassemblies, or frames, using hand tools and power tools.
- Disassemble units to replace parts or to crate them for shipping.
- Attach name plates and mark identifying information on parts.
- Assist with production line.
- Clean production area.
- Sweep, mop, and remove debris.
- Load and unload items from machines, carts, and dollies.
- Feed or place items onto equipment for processing.
- Measure raw material.
- Ensure conformance to specifications.
- Pull damaged or ineffective equipment off the line.
- Mark parts for identification.
- Measure length of extruded article.
- Remove product and machine attachments.
- Clean material from machine.
- Record data.
- Load and unload processing equipment.
- Take instructions from supervisors.
Skills and Specifications
- Must be physically fit and healthyto do laborious work
- Willing to work in shifts and for long hours when necessity arises
- Willing to learn and put best effort for production
- Able to preform quality checks
- Able to follow work instruction
- Team player
- Capable of working in demanding situations when required
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 50 pounds or more, standing and/or walking for more than six (6-8) hours per day.
- Work environment involves minimal exposure to physical risks, such as operating dangerous equipment and power tools.
- Work involves moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, and/or loud noises.
Education and Qualifications:
- Work Location: Irwin, PA 15642 (TUCKER AUTO-MATION), One location
- Salary: $14.00 to $18.00 / hour
- Job type: Full-time
- Schedule: 8 hour shift / Day shift / Monday to Friday /Overtime
- EXPERIENCE: High school diploma/GED. 1-2 years Door Assembly Experience Preferred. Drivers license and Dependable transportation a must
- BENEFITS: 401(k). Dental insurance. Health insurance. Life insurance. Paid time off. Vision insurance.